West Nyack Fire House
The West Nyack Fire House was organized in 1910.
Firefighters would come on horses to answer a signal sounded by a sledge hammer struck against a great iron wheel.
The wheel is mounted on the front lawn of the firehouse. The firehouse currently has four trucks and is still operated
on a volunteer basis.
historic photo/drawing of site