Germonds Road Cemetery
The Germonds Road Cemetery is probably the oldest
cemetery in West Nyack and Rockland County and is over two centuries old. Veterans from the Revolutionary War and
the War of 1812 are buried here along with many of the early Dutch settlers. A lot of the tombstones are made of
sandstone and some have Dutch writing on them. There is a marker that shows where the original Dutch Reformed
Church stood until it burned down in 1904.
historic photo/drawing of site