West Nyack Free Library
In 1889, a two-room frame building was built (on the
site of the property of the present West Nyack Free Library) as a school. In 1922, the brick building was built. In 1959, the
small frame portion was demolished. The old school bell was saved. The remaining brick structure was turned into
the West Nyack Free Library. In 1993-94, the Library was enlarged to its present size.
historic photo/drawing of site