This building had many names changes over the years. Built by
Thomas Warner in 1840 as a hotel. Blacksmith Shop (still remains), a Wheelwright and Harness Shop soon opened to
serve the steady flow of commercial traffics to and from the port of Nyack. The Clarksville Inn became a center
for social life in the area. During the Civil War, the inn became the scene of farewell balls. The building had
been used for many years, and has housed a restaurant named the Clarksville Inn for many years. The old Blacksmith
Shop is currently used as a specialty store.
historic photo/drawing of site