Village Church Green
Site of first Orange County courthouse (until 1798 Rockland County was a part of Orange Co.). Burned down in 1773, along with the jail. Later the Andre trial was held In the Church, the only building in Tappan suitable for the assembly of a military court. The green also had a whipping post and stocks, a stray cattle pound and, during the Revolution, a Liberty Pole (a flag pole).