This home was built in 1806 by Herronamus and Catherine Weller. As a wedding gift, or
dowry, as it was called in those days, Catherine's father, Joseph Tice, deeded to Herronamus a 76-acre parcel of land
on May 6, 1806. On that property, Herronamus and Catherine built this federal style, center hall colonial. The original
deed from Joseph Tice to Herronamus is hanging in the library of this private home. In 1979, the seventh generation grandson
of Herronamus Weller, purchased the home with his wife. It has been completely restored including a hand-split cedar
roof and cedar siding. This private home on Maple Avenue in Pine Bush is admired by all who just pass by for its simple beauty.