Hermann's Erie Hotel
Hermann's Erie Hotel was established in 1868. At one time it was known as the Union House.
It was a hotel and tavern across from the railroad depot. It is rumored that Franklin D. Roosevelt was an occasional visitor to
the Erie Hotel as a young man. The railroad is gone now, and Hermann's Erie Hotel (Hermann was the father-in-law of
the current owner) is now a popular restaurant and pub on Depot Street between Railroad and Center streets in the hamlet of Pine Bush.
Historic postcard of the Erie Hotel (building on left)