The Ramapo Catskill Library System (RCLS) Management Professional Development Scholarship seeks to improve the skills and abilities of member library staff who wish to attend a management program or course but are unable to do so due to budgetary constraints. Four (4) Scholarships will be offered each year, two (2) in the Spring and two (2) in the Fall.
- Applicants must be a current employee at a RCLS member library.
- Scholarships are given to applicants who wish to pursue a management program or course through a University, College or Library Association.
- Candidates must submit an essay of no more than 500 words outlining how this program or course will assist his/her job performance and why he/she is a good candidate to receive this scholarship.
- The candidate must submit an evaluation report and provide proof of program or course completion.
- Scholarships will not exceed $250.
- The deadline for the applications for the Fall Scholarships is 4:00pm on the last business day of July.
- The deadline for the applications for the Spring Scholarships is 4:00pm on the last business day of January.
- Applications and the essay must sent via email or RCLS delivery to:
Assistant Director and Outreach Coordinator
- All RCLS member library staff are eligible to apply.
- Individual applicants can receive only one scholarship during each calendar year.
- Courses taken toward the MLS degree are not applicable.
- A candidate must be employed at a RCLS member library.
Deadlines and Announcements
- All applications must be received prior to fall and spring deadlines.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email.
- Scholarship check will be sent to the recipient, once the evaluation report and proof of course completion have been received by Grace Riario at RCLS, via RCLS delivery.
- Applicants denied scholarships will be notified by email and will have the opportunity to apply in the following round.
- Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant with a note indicating the error or omission.
- Scholarships recipient will be chosen by the RCLS Board of Trustees.
- The RCLS Board of Trustees has the right to offer no scholarships, if the applications do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements. A maximum of four (4) scholarships will be offered per year.
- Scholarship monies not used will go back to the RCLS continuing education program.
- Scholarship recipients are required to write a brief evaluation report about their experience, describing the value of the course or program for them and the impact of the course or program on their job performance. All or part of this report may then be used in future RCLS publicity.
- Recipients may also be asked to share their experience with the local library community at a RCLS event.
- Scholarship check will not be mailed to the recipient, if the evaluation report and proof of course completion is not submitted to RCLS, within 60 days of course completion.
Click here for the application form.